Positive degree / Comparative degree / Superlative degree (II):
little— less — least many / much— more— most
good— better — best
bad— worse— worst far — farther / further — farthest / furthest
difficult — more difficult — the most difficult
less difficult — theleast difficult
This coat is as nice as that one.
This coat is not as / so nice as that one.
She is taller than I / me.
She is the tallest in our class.
● Write the different degrees of the words given:
small young wide few nice happy early
fat big thin hot good much old
interesting important clever
● Fill in the blanks with the right forms of the words:
1. You"ve made________ (many) mistakes than Jim.
2. Her car is ________(new) than mine.
3. My boxes are________(big) of all.
4. That film is ________ (good).
5. I"ve got ________ (little) ink than you, but I"ve got ________ (many) pens than you.
6. I can give you________ (some) butter than before.
7. John is ________ (clever) than Bob. Bob is ________ (clever) than Tom. Tom is not as ________ (clever) as John. John is ________ (clever) of the three.
8. This first story is ________ (interesting) than the second one. The third story is ________ (interesting) than the first. And the fourth is ________ (interesting) than the second. So the fourth is ________ (interesting) of all.
9. The Sahara is ________(big) desert（沙漠）in the world.
● Fill in the blanks:
1. It"s a fine day, ________?
2. She has been to the Great Wall, ________?
3. The woman says that she________ ill last week.
4. Those people didn"t come from France, ________?
5. The boss told Miss Jones ________ (type) a letter for him.
6. I want to talk________ you.