GRAMMAR： INDIRECT SPEECH (I)
He says: "I"m a typist." → He says he is a typist.
They say: "We are playing football." → They say they are playing football.
She says to me: "You need a haircut." → She says that I need a haircut.
My teacher says: "I can sing and dance." → My teacher says he can sing and dance.
He says: "I went to the butcher"s." → He says he went to the butcher"s.
I tell him to bring that book here. → I tell him not to bring that book here.
● Change the direct speech into indirect speech:
1. I will fly to Beijing. (the old man says)
2. My son is doing his homework. (Mrs. Jones says)
3. He can paint the room pink. (Jane says)
4. She wanted to swim across the river. (they say)
5. I am afraid I have got only little money. (He says)
6. We have read these books. (they say)
● Change the indirect speech into direct speech:
1. My friend says she likes coffee.
2. Mr. Bird says he missed his daughter very much.
3. They say they need a good rest.
4. I say you can wait for the bus at the bus stop.
5. He says he fells tired and thirsty.
6. She says she was glad to help me.
7. He says he doesn"t think he can finish the job by himself.
● Translate the following sentences: